Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shower Her With Love: Rebecca's Baby (Boy) Shower Part 3

Food and Fun.

My Mom offered to help with food which was fantastic! She did all the grocery shopping (and footed the bill) and made her wonderful home-made quiche. We made a veggie plate with onion garlic dip, home-made spinach dip, and had all the fixins for sandwiches (since the party took place over lunch-time).

For beverages we had iced-tea and blue punch which I made with blue rasp Kool-Aid, white grape juice, and 7-up. Delish!

I made marshmellow pop "rattles" with blue melting wafers and sprinkles. This was a WAY easy alternative to cake pops and turned out really cute!


My Mom's friend made the cake - a WONDERFUL teddy bear cake with insane amounts of detail! It must have taken her forever and cost a lot to make and it was delicious when we (sadly) finally cut into it! I can't even imagine being this talented a cake-decorator (it isn't even her job) but I aspire to be this creative someday!
For games we kept it simple. It wasn't a very long shower and between eating and presents and visiting there wasn't a ton of time. We played Baby Shower Bingo (I made bingo cards but you can buy them at Michael's too) during the present opening and did Bib decorating as the second game.
In the end, the guest of honor (and the little guy in her belly) had fun and good food and was really grateful to myself and our Mother and I couldn't have been happier at the result (unless maybe the surprise worked out but oh well!)!

I highly recommend throwing showers (baby, wedding, engagement, i-love-you, any kind!) for the ones you love and putting some thought and time into the decorations, food, and fun because it is SO rewarding and so much fun!

Alas, an end to my "Shower Her With Love" series of posts!

Happy Showering!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment