Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shower Her With Love: Rebecca's Baby (Boy) Shower Part 1

 One of my sisters, Rebecca, is pregnant!!! (for the 2nd time) and I decided to throw her a baby shower at our parents' home in Kamloops (well, Savona, but close to Kamloops). Her first child, my niece Kyra, came while I was still in University (aka broke!) so I didn't really have a budget to work with then and my other sister's daughter, my niece Avery, is allll the way over the water in England so baby-shower-ing was a challenge (we did a shower in a box!). Thus, this is the first shower I've gotten to do where I could let loose my artistic-ness and that's exactly what I did!

I was hitchin' a ride with Rebecca and her family to Kamloops and then we were all staying together at my parent's house so I had to do a lot of the prep ahead of time and keep it very condensed for travelling. In the end, the surprise didn't work out - NEVER try to surprise Rebecca, it's an incredible headache! - but she was thrilled all the same.

The first step, of course, was theme. Oh ya, did I mention: it's a boy! I decided to go with a "shower" theme: what better theme for a shower than a shower, right?! Plus, rain is blue so perfect for a boy!

I pre-made party favors and also a small "Shower Her With Love" card for each guest to write a small piece of advice, love, memory, joke, etc and their choice of baby name from the top contenders Rebecca has picked out. Later, I can put these little notes together with photos for my nephew's scrapbook (my nieces both have one in the works since their births!).
"Take Home Treats" - Small "soother" candies in home-made candy bags.  
"Shower Her With Love" - think of it like party favors for Rebecca from each guest!

This was just the beginning of my party planning! Stay tuned for more on Rebecca's Baby Shower in the near future!


Happy Showering!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment