Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Marchesa Obsession

Fashion is an art and so, here is my attempt to share my perspective on a piece of the fashion world. I most certainly do not claim to be "in-the-know" or a "fashionista," but every girl can appreciate beauty!

My Obsession with Marchesa began several years ago when these gorgeous gowns started popping up on the red carpet and on Oscar night or during the Golden Globes, my choices for best dressed celebs, in increasing frequency, were wearing Marchesa. Marchesa quickly became my favorite designer by a landslide and here's why.
Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman - collectively, Marchesa

Marchesa was cofounded in 2004 by designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman, who met a few years earlier in art school. It is so inspiring that these ladies are not much older than me and created this incredibly successful, multi-million dollar company on pure talent! Well, maybe not pure talent... It's rumored that Georgina's hubby Harvey Weinstein (uber-successful movie mogul as if you didn't know) may have had something to do with their rapid rise to celeb fanfare. I, however, think their work speaks for itself and I don't care how anyone heard about it, I sure hope it's not going anywhere anytime soon!

Like the girly-girl I am, I am SO attracted to the ruffles and lace and embellishments but more than that, these ladies have INCREDIBLE talent in their craft and create the most intricate, elaborate and down right stunning gowns I think I've ever seen. Boy, what I wouldn't do to get my hands on a Marchesa dress....

For now, here are some of the dresses I dream of even touching one day (be warned, this is quickly shaping up into almost ALL of Marchesa's dresses over the past few years)!!!

Fall 2010

Fall 2010 -  as seen in Gossip Girl!
Fall 2010
Notte by Marchesa Spring 2010
Fall 2010
Notte by Marchesa Spring 2010
Notte by Marchesa Spring 2010
Marchesa Resort 2011
Resort 2011
Resort 2011
Spring 2011
Spring 2011
Spring 2011
Spring 2011

I'm not the only one who loves Marchesa. Celebs from all walks of fame have sported these lovely frocks. Here are a few of my favs:

Blake Lively - a HUGE Marchesa fan
Olivia Wilde - my future wedding dress perhaps??
SJP - how cute is this!?
Sandra won her Oscar in Marchesa!
And last but not least, T. Swift looking adorable as ever!
So, whilst yearning for the glint of hope that one day one of these marvelous creation can be mine, I bid you adieu. Hope you are fashionably inspired. Who are your favorite designers?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment